Tuesday, September 04, 2007

D FIN - PROFILE

I still haven't got stuck into the meat and potatoes of the project but I have started the D Fin with thanks to "Le Perit" and his thread on MSW entitled: "cheap fins"…

It all commenced when walking with my lovely wife through a house-hold shop when suddenly out of the blue they caught my eye. A stack of beautiful thick wooden chopping blocks and all I could think about was what lovely fins they would make.

So, 1.74 euros, 3 beers and a Jig Saw... PRICELESS! I made it as far as cutting it out, next I need to recalculate the foil with respect to the new thickness, map out the dimensions and work on the process to complete the profiles to as near as possible to the designed foils. Also a planer and electric sander to foil it wouldn't hurt; but don't hold your breath as I can’t see much happening within the next few months.

Useful Links:

Forum Posts relating to the progress of my design:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home